Friday, September 09, 2005

Thank God for the Rainbow...

Eerie couple days ...

Recapped my storyline for my new writing mentor yesterday. I included a link to THE VANPORT FLOOD OF 1948 to familiarize her with background for my novel. I've been researching this catastrophe for over a year now; it fascinates me that it the only physical remnant of this city built for 50,000 is an obscurly placed mural along the entrance to Portland International Raceway. Just yesterday I located contact information for a flood survivor I want to interview about life in VanPort.

Then David Long's post this morning over at Faith in Fiction...

And to top it off, my friend Katie sent me this Oct. 2004 National Geographic article today -- a long, but fascinating read about Bayou life and scientific perspective before the flood...

Makes me feel like wearing a swim vest, getting to work on my book proposal, and putting our photos way up high.

Not to mention changing my blog name...

p.s. Got in exactly 500 words today. Not on my novel, rather on a short story I'm writing for a Faith in Fiction contest. I counted yesterday's storyline description as my 500 words -- figured it counted toward the synopsis I've been avoiding.

Guess I'm fudging a little on my No Matter What rule. But, more than anything I'm just trying to establish the habit of writing every day. So, I'm letting myself off the hook.

1 comment:

M. C. Pearson said...

Hi, I found your site from Christian Writer's Blog Alliance. You are really funny...I hope your humor shows in your book because I'd buy it for sure. I cannot seem to set a goal for how much I should write on my second novel...I'm trying to get the first one published. You've a great idea about 500 words...I think I'll try it. Are you a Faithwriter? Visit my site sometime and we can discuss our lovely procrastination skills...one of them I am practicing right now. :) God Bless.